Skip to Main Content Skip to Footer Content

Tin Ceiling Terminology

Field Panel

The design of the main panel in the room. This panel may cover the entire ceiling or be centered in the room.

Molding Strip

May be used to enhance the appearance of the ceiling. It is installed between the field panels and the filler panel.

Filler Panel

A panel with a simple over-all design such as a "hammered" or "dimpled" finish. This panel is used to center the Field Panel in the room.


Applied to the corner of the wall and ceiling. It can be one of our metal cornices or your own choice such as stained wood.